Monday, October 18, 2010

Pizza by Certe

I finally made it over to Pizza by Certe for the first time today. I was over on the east side looking for the Korilla truck, but they had already sold out by the time I got there. Pizza by Certe was on the next block, and I decided to try it while I had the opportunity. I had been interested in going for awhile since they are an "environmentally friendly" pizza place but I had never gotten around to it.

There was a guy outside giving out pizza samples. I think the one I got was the chicken sausage pizza. It was really tasty, but I wasn't sure if I was in the mood for pizza. After much deliberation, I decided to go with the chicken parm sandwich.



The sandwich was good. Not as good as some of the sandwiches I've had from the sister restaurant Certe or other chicken parmigiana sandwiches I've had. I think maybe it's because there was a lot less sauce. I like sauce. It was more of a "healthy" sandwich if you could ever call chicken parm healthy. Also, the bread was really flaky/crispy/crunchy (but not hard to bite). It left crumbs all over my desk, but was a nice balance to the inside of the sandwich.

I'm not sure when I'll be going here next, but one reason is that it's kind of a long walk for me (about a mile). But I'm glad I was in the area and had time to stop in. Next time maybe I'll try the pizza. The combinations on the menu sound great and the sample I had was good. Perhaps I should have gone with pizza today, after all it's in the name of the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment