Thursday, October 7, 2010

Breakfast Boxes

I have a confession to make. I am not a big fan of breakfast.

I know there are people who could eat breakfast for every meal, but I am not one of those people. I love lunch. I love dinner. (Also not a huge fan of dessert, but that's a more complex story.)

I do eat breakfast every day. Usually a granola bar because it's convenient, easy and takes no time to prepare. If we have any, maybe a banana for the same reasons. Today, Popchips (terrible, I know). But if I had time, it would be leftovers or popcorn chicken, which I do sometimes. Back in high school, breakfast would be leftover pizza. Or chow fun. Or spaghetti. I was never really a cereal eater (outside of Cheerios and Rice Krispies, on occasion). I don't have any hatred for French toast or pancakes, but given the choice between those and spaghetti, I'll choose spaghetti. I would eat omelettes but they do not make my stomach happy in the morning. (TMI?)

All this to explain that I was very curious about what KLM was going to serve us for breakfast. I remember previous plane breakfasts with rubbery scrambled eggs or spongey pancakes, back when airlines served meals. It turned out that KLM took the safe route and went for cold food.



Raspberry yogurt, a chocolate chip roll and orange juice. Not a bad breakfast. But also not super-filling. Which meant that once we landed and arrived in Amsterdam for real, it was going to be time for a meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment