Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Obsession

I wouldn't say I'm addicted to Shake Shack, but I certainly do love going there. I mean, I could stop going whenever I want to, but I just don't want to.

What? Why are you looking at me like that? I can quit, I swear! I could live without those juicy burgers, crispy fries, and creamy, delicious custards/concretes/shakes. Nevermind the fact that it's Shacktoberfest so they have tons of sausage options and even more delicious concrete options...

Hello, my name is A, and I'm addicted to Shake Shack.

So it was that on Monday I regaled my coworkers with tales of the wonderous sausages that Shake Shack had for their annual Shacktoberfest. I did such a good job that my regular lunch buddies, C and R, made the decision that they wanted to try out these fabulous creations. Who was I to deny them the pleasure of Shake Shack? Who cares that I had already gone on Saturday for a special concrete and a giant stein of beer? Who cares if I had gone Sunday with M to try all 3 of their sausages? I'm a damn addict remember?

Off we went on a rainy day to my favorite fatty goodness. Maybe it was the weather since we didn't go that early (12:15-ish), but there were only about 10 people in front of us when we got to the doors. C and R each got the garlic sausage smothered in its glorious beer-infused cheese sauce and pretzel pieces.

I opted for the standard Double Shack Burger with everything, an order of cheese fries, and a peanut butter shake. If I've never mentioned that I'm fat, you probably figured this out already. It was quite a satisfying feast, but a tad pricey, and a tad heavy for lunch. I'm still not sure how I stayed awake the rest of the day with all of that sitting in my stomach, but I managed.

My full fatty lunch

I love this burger

These cheese fries are like crack

This picture has absolutely nothing to do with my lunch, but it does represent M and me in all of our piggy glory. We saw it on Sunday outside a Chinese wedding banquet when we went down to Brooklyn to have dinner with M's family.

No comments:

Post a Comment