Monday, October 4, 2010

Asparagus

Today the temperature hovered in the low 50s. Wearing a skirt and light jacket, it was cold. Soup weather, for sure.


Back to Hale and Hearty. I usually get a sandwich-soup combo with oyster crackers. Not the most adventurous or exciting lunch, but sometimes it's just soup weather.


This half sandwich had a sundried tomato spread, chicken, tomatoes, lettuce and mozzarella. What I especially loved was that the bread was so soft, matching all of the ingredients inside, instead of creating a hard shell.


This was the first time I tried the asparagus, potato and leek soup. It's one of the VLD soups (vegetarian, low fat and dairy free) which makes me feel like I'm having a healthy lunch. And asparagus is always good. The soup was thick, even more remarkable for its lack of cream. I would get this again.

Hopefully tomorrow either I will have warmer clothes or the temps will get out of the low 50s. I want to try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment