Monday, October 25, 2010

Crisp

Today for lunch I took a short walk to Crisp for some much-craved falafel.

I went to Crisp a lot over the summer when they had good coupon deals. $5 sandwiches? Yes please! Unfortunately I don't think there's going to be many coupons for the general public anymore because they have moved to a VIP program where you pay for a loyalty card. I suppose if you go there all the time it could be worth it, but I don't think it's worth it for me for a few reasons. First, I can't guarantee I'd go often enough to make it worth it since we have so many in-house lunches and there are so many options in midtown. Second, most of the new discounts are conditioned on buying drinks and I don't buy drinks with lunch, so it wouldn't be of much help for me!


The Crisp sandwiches are served in special boxes where you "unzip" the middle to create a "handbag" for your sandwich. I ordered the Crisp Africa sandwich, which is my favorite of the bunch. The sandwich today looked completely different from both sides so here's a look at both sides:


It comes loaded with veggies (corn salad, sweet potatoes, cherry tomatoes, green onions) and nice sized falafel, and accompanied with a North African peanut sauce and habanero harissa sauce. The sandwich can sometimes be a little spicy, and just generally, is really good. I like most of the "creative" combinations because they're different from the falafel you can get at most places and make Crisp unique.


I attempted to go through the entire sandwich menu during the summer but out of the 8, I only got through 5. There's also hummus platters with sides but I like the way it all gets mixed together in the sandwiches better. If you're looking for a different take on the falafel sandwich, check out Crisp. Good flavors, good price, healthy lunch (or dinner).

No comments:

Post a Comment