Friday, November 18, 2011

Turkey and Stuffing

It was cold and rainy again today at lunch. I could have trekked over to Midtown East for the last week of free Priceless lunches, but instead of pupusas, souvlaki or awesome falafel, we got burgers (for which there were long lines) and ice cream (did I mention it was in the 40s? and that ice cream is not lunch to me?). I wasn't very excited by that option (even if it was free) so I decided to continue yesterday's Thanksgiving Sandwich Project with a visit to Cosi.


Cosi has been advertising their turkey and stuffing seasonal sandwich prominently in their windows and it looks absolutely delicious in the picture. You can order the sandwich warm, which of course I was going to do. Warm sandwiches are always so good.

I got the sandwich, which the dog cannot wait to devour, and a drink, iced tea, which I got for free just for checking in at this Cosi branch on foursquare:


The sandwich comes on their signature flatbread and I chose the whole grain one to try to be a little bit healthier. I love that Cosi gives you free samples of flatbread while you wait to order because the flatbread is really, really good.


Like many Thanksgiving sandwiches, this one consisted of turkey (in this case, they were lean turkey medallions), stuffing, and cranberry sauce (not canned and it had actual cranberries).


The sandwich wasn't as full as the one in the picture (or my sandwich from yesterday), but I guess that's how they keep it under 500 calories.


Generally, I thought this sandwich was pretty good and tastier than the one I got yesterday from Toasties. The turkey wasn't dry at all, and the stuffing had great seasoning and flavor. The cranberry sauce was so much better than the canned kind because you get the burst of flavor every time you bite into a cranberry. And, as much as I like sandwiches on rolls, the Cosi flatbread is just fantastic. This sandwich came together well with all the ingredients mixed together. It's about the same price as Toasties, the sandwich is less stuffed but the taste was better.

While I enjoyed the sandwich, I'm a little disappointed now with one part of my Cosi experience. According to the website (which I'm looking at now), all sandwiches come with either chips or baby carrots. I had no idea this was included and did not get either one. The guy working there, when giving the girl in front of me her sandwich, told her to pick up either chips or carrots. He didn't say anything to me, so I assumed she had purchased some combo or something. But no, he just didn't tell me about it! I would have gladly taken carrots to add some vegetables on the side of my Thanksgiving sandwich (since those are low on veggies) but I was unaware. I hate when people get different treatment, especially when I'm on the side that loses out. I guess there's a small possibility that maybe he thought I already had it, but my bag was empty when I put the sandwich in and I thought that was visible.

So, if you're going to go to Cosi to get a sandwich, get your chips or carrots! Don't miss out! And I would recommend trying the turkey and stuffing sandwich, warm, on whole grain flatbread while it's still here. Tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment