Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Curried Eggplant and Lentil

I don't know if it's a new seasonal soup or a new addition to the rotation, but the new curried eggplant and lentil soup at Hale and Hearty is a winner.
 
I had a conference call today that spanned the entire lunch period (12:30-2:30), so I had an early lunch but found myself still hungry at the end of the call.  I was also coughing, so I decided to get some soup.  I saw this new one listed on the menu and decided to head over for a snack.
 
The website description says: "We slowly simmer the eggplant with two types of curry, a blend of Middle Eastern spices and a touch of orange before we add tender Spanish Lentils and Sweet Potatoes giving this soup a lush richness that belies its dairy free nature."  There's also some onions, carrots and other veggies that you usually find in lentil soup.  The soup was thick, filling, full of spices and flavor and perfect for the cold weather.  As soon as I tried my sample, I knew I was ordering this without question.
 
Hale and Hearty, please keep this soup on the rotation!  It's delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment