Friday, November 11, 2011

Priceless Chicken Leg

The second truck at Bryant Park for the PricelessNY event was the Bian Dang truck. After picking up the slim taco at the Pera truck, I decided to also pick up a coupon for Bian Dang. Together, they made for a good lunch.

The line at Bian Dang was much shorter, but I don't think that was from lack of interest in Taiwanese food. They just seemed better at moving the line along quickly and efficiently than Pera. When I got up to the window to order my food, I learned that they had just run out of the tianbula (fish cake) that I had been planning to order, so I went with the Taiwanese-style chicken leg over rice.


The portion size for the free lunch was smaller than the regular sized lunch, but it was still a nice size (especially compared to the single taco from the other truck). The chicken leg had a lot of meat. I didn't clean the bone as well as A would have, but I never do. I did my best though!


One of my favorite things about the lunch plate is the pork sauce that comes over the rice. It's delicious! The rice and pork sauce together would make for a great lunch, with or without the fried meat/fish topping. The speedy line and filling food made me much happier with this half of the Priceless event!

No comments:

Post a Comment