Sunday, November 20, 2011

Lenny's H1

Another day, another entry on the Thanksgiving Sandwich Project. It might not be a day at the office but it's still Thanksgiving week, so I decided to get Lenny's version of the Thanksgiving sandwich, the H1 sandwich (hot sandwich 1), for lunch.


The H1, like other Thanksgiving sandwiches, consists of turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and turkey gravy. Like Toasties, it's also offered year-round. As I previously noted that Toasties seemed like a Lenny's knock-off, it shouldn't be a surprise that their sandwiches were very similar. Between the 2, I think the Lenny's one has a slight edge. I still think Cosi is better than both of them, but sadly that's only available in season. Even though it has similar ingredients, it doesn't feel like a food coma-inducing heavy weight in your stomach.


A direct comparison between the Lenny's and Toasties sandwiches is probably most useful here. The turkey in the Lenny's sandwich was not dry at all, unlike the Toasties one. But the Lenny's one consists of sliced turkey that was soaking in water to keep it moist, unlike the Toasties turkey which was carved off the bone in front of me. The stuffing was about the same in flavoring and texture. The cranberry sauce here, while also the sliced kind from the can, had more distinct slices than Toasties which kind of became one big gloopy piece after awhile. Toasties did have more gravy, which was nice, but since the Lenny's turkey wasn't as dry, it wasn't as necessary.

Now, before Thanksgiving, I just need to try the much raved about Earl of Sandwich option, and then I think I need a turkey break before I'm burnt out on turkey before Thanksgiving even gets here!

No comments:

Post a Comment