Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ambrosia

The next stop on the block by block challenge after Cafe 45 was another midtown deli called Ambrosia. They have sandwiches, salads, tacos and the other usual midtown deli items. I had passed by Ambrosia numerous times and knew they had a Korean food counter in the back, but just never got around to trying it. (This seems to be a common theme for block by block.) Ambrosia was also recommended for lunch by some of my Korean coworkers, so I figured it had to be pretty good.

The Korean food counter in the back of the deli

I decided to get the Korean style chicken fried rice. Coming in at just under $10, I got this mini feast:

My lunch

Korean style chicken fried rice topped with a fried egg, miso soup, kimchi, soybeans and spicy bean sprouts. So much food! I love banchan (the small dishes you get at Korean restaurants) and I was happy to see that my fried rice came with them. What a treat. The bean sprouts are one of my favorite banchan. They were great and the kimchi was pretty good too.

Close-up on the rice

I ordered the fried rice medium spicy, which came as ordered. Mixed in to the fried rice were green onions, peppers and onions, along with the chicken. It was really tasty. The only negative thing I can say about the fried rice is that it was a bit oily, but it is fried rice.

Lunch from Ambrosia is great if you work in the 40s and don't have time to walk all the way to Koreatown to grab lunch. (I wish Woorijip were closer!) A very solid choice. I would definitely return there.

No comments:

Post a Comment