Tuesday, November 22, 2011

IGK Pad Thai (Revisited)

So a few weeks ago I tried out the pad thai a new midtown deli-style location called IGK - International Gourmet Kitchen. In my review I found the dish to be a bit dry compared to other pad thai I have had in the past and also that the grilled chicken took a little away from the dish as the char flavoring didn't match well in the dish.

I tried it out once more, and I have to say that they either read my little review or they just opted to change how they made it. I know, they also could just have had a different chef making it behind the counter, but I'd like to think they read my review, took it to heart, and changed things up to suit me better. This time around, the noodles were coated in sauce, and it was definitely not dry at all. The flavors exploded like last time, but the extra sauce made it that much better. The chicken also tasted less charred. It was still grilled, but there was little to no char flavoring, and overall the dish tasted amazing.

No pictures this time around since it looked pretty much the same as the last time I tried it. Every time I go back to IGK, it reaffirms why I should just make it my go-to place.

No comments:

Post a Comment