Monday, November 14, 2011

Cheese Overload

Next up was the cheese kiosk. Apparently in past festivals it had been a charcuterie and cheese kiosk, but this year it was just cheese. This was also the first time we had eaten fondue since one of our "versary" meals at Artisinal.


There were 2 dishes on the menu to try - fondue and a cheese sampler:


First up, the cheese fondue with sourdough bread ($3):


M's take: We don't go for fondue that often (so. much. cheese.) but dipping all sorts of foods into cheese is fun. We like dipping sausages, vegetables, bread, everything. Here, our options were limited as the only thing available for dipping was bread. And after we finished dipping the bread, there was still more fondue left. We didn't toss it though, and just ate it like it was cheese soup (except the Canadian cheese soup was better). The fondue here wasn't bad, but it was very, very rich. I'm not sure what type of cheese it was, but it was fine.

A's take: I really like cheese, and I think that's been documented before. The cheese itself tasted really good. It was a light-flavored cheese that paired well with the wine they selected to mix in. The bread was fine, but I missed the additional items to dip into the fondue. We ended up drinking the remainder of the cheese which, because of my sickness, probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. Oh well.

Artisan cheese selection with Le Delice de Bourgogne Lincet, Thomasville Tomme Sweet Grass Dairy, Chevre Affine Wyngaard Kaas (a goat gouda) ($4.50):


M's take: I have already mentioned I am cheese-dumb. Even with descriptions, I couldn't tell these cheeses apart. The one on the left was a soft cheese with a fig. I think this one was fine. The middle one was a harder cheese with craisins, and I think I liked that. The one all the way on the right is concealed by the crackers, but I think it was soft and had a fruity glaze on it. I think I liked the one in the middle best, but my memory of this is sadly already a little hazy.

A's take: I'm going to be really honest, I don't remember a lot about these cheeses. What I do remember is that they were all pretty tasty, but they obviously weren't incredibly memorable.

Favorite dishes at cheese kiosk:
A: Fondue
M: Cheese assortment (according to my notes from the time)

No comments:

Post a Comment