Friday, November 11, 2011

Karam II

It was chilly again today at lunch and I was short on time so I decided to hit the next spot on the block by block challenge. On this block, I had already gone to Cafe 45 and Ambrosia, and then today I skipped Point Break (too expensive), Freefoods (too expensive) and Milk and Honey (they were already closing for the weekend, will have to go back). Next up? Karam II, a place I had been to a few times under its old name, Bread and Olive.


The best thing about Karam is the large case that holds all of the different salads. They all look delicious. My favorite thing here has always been the 2 item vegetable combo (for $6), which gives you 2 salads in a container (about 4x6), plus a pita (white or wheat). When I was there today, they let me pick 3 salads. Yay!

I picked fasoulia - the giant white lima bean salad that I always get (white beans, lemon, olive oil, herbs, garlic), a chickpea and kidney bean salad (chickpeas, kidney beans, parsley, garlic) and eggplant salad (mashed eggplant, red peppers, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, garlic). It was all deliciously garlicky and I wanted more. The only downside is that, with all the olive oil in the salads, it leaked out into the plastic bag and I ended up with a hand soaked in oil when I tried to pull out the container. But that's the only negative. I'm not sure why I don't go to Karam more often (other than there being so many options for lunch), but it's nice having someplace affordable and tasty like this nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment