Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Holiday Season

Holiday lights have started appearing all over the city and today, there was yet another sign that the holiday season is upon us. Lord and Taylor teamed up with the Sweetery truck to offer some free snacks in honor of the unveiling of their holiday windows today. The truck offered free whoopie pies, smores and cupcakes.


I went for the cupcake. It was a chocolate cupcake topped with a yellow icing, some sprinkles and little sugar beads, and a chocolate medallion with the Lord and Taylor logo.


Cupcakes are tough to get right, but the Sweetery cupcake achieved it. Some cupcakes are too dry, but the cake here was moist and not the least bit dry. Sometimes the cake and/or the icing end up too sweet and you feel like you need to drink 3 glasses of water to recover (coughMagnoliacough). This cupcake was sweet, but it was the right amount of sweetness. It was definitely not cloyingly sweet.

I loved the icing and all the sprinkles. Along with the top layer of the cupcake, those are usually my favorite bites and these did not disappoint! The cupcake was also really pretty. They did a great job planning out the look of the cupcake.


I made it to the truck just in time to get the snack, and was thankful because I was so hungry. They were scheduled to be at that spot until 1:30 and my phone clock read 1:29 when I got there. I was almost out of luck as they told me the line was closed, but they let me on when I mentioned that I thought they would be there until 1:30. I didn't end up feeling that guilty about making it onto the line since, as I watched while eating my cupcake, a bunch of other people begged their way onto the line after me, and they ended up serving at least another 20 people. The perils of offering free food! Anyway, I am glad that I was able to try the cupcake, as I usually get other sweet items from this truck and had never tried the cupcake before. Recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment