Thursday, December 1, 2011

December Custard Calendar

The December custard calendar at Shake Shack is up!


A lot of these flavors look familiar to us from last year. Here are our thoughts on the lineup:

Egg nog (Monday) - While we haven't blogged about it, we tried this last December. A remembers liking it but he likes egg nog. I remember not liking it very much but I don't like egg nog.

Figgy pudding (Tuesday) - This was also on last December's calendar but we never got around to blogging about it either. I don't even remember it but my gmail chat history tells me we tried it and that it was gray. No idea if we liked it. We may have to try it again.

Christmas cookie (Wednesday) - Not sure if this is new to Shake Shack but it's new to us. I hope it tastes like a Potbelly sugar cookie. If it does, it might be my favorite custard ever. (Edit, 12/7: We have tried the Christmas Cookie custard and it is great! The review is here.)

Chocolate orange chestnut (Thursday) - Does this differ at all from chocolate orange chestnut swirl, which we tried last December and thought tasted like plain chocolate custard?

Gingerbread (Friday) - Another repeat custard from last December's custard calendar. We didn't really think it tasted like gingerbread last year.

Candy cane crunch (Saturday) - We're pretty sure we tried this last time. I don't remember much about it but A doesn't think we liked it very much and that it was just vanilla with candy cane bits mixed in.

Apple spice cake (Sunday) - A repeat from this past October. We thought it was OK but we were disappointed that there wasn't real cake mixed in.

What flavor most interests you? I can't wait for Christmas cookie. I hope my expectations aren't too high.

No comments:

Post a Comment