Sunday, October 2, 2011

Apple Spice Cake

When I saw apple spice cake as the Sunday custard for October, I was really excited. The custards with the word "cake" in their names usually seem to be better since they mix in cake. I couldn't wait to try it.


To make sure we got to try it, we stopped by our local Shack for dessert tonight. I thought the custard was good - apple and spice, as described - but I was really disappointed to find that there wasn't actually cake in it. That makes it more like the pumpkin pie custard. It has the flavor of the cake/pie but none of the textural difference. A thought it was just OK. He was also expecting actual cake mixed in - or apples - but in the end, felt like it was mostly cinnamon. The flavor itself was pretty good but we expected more. We were hoping this would be another custard to add to our "must get again" list but I don't think it made it.

Apple Spice Cake
A's rating: 7/10
M's rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment