Monday, October 24, 2011

Upside Down Cake Again

A couple of weeks ago, I was watching the Biggest Loser and they had trainer Dolvett doing a spiel on Yoplait's dessert line of yogurts (key lime pie, red velvet cake, etc). He and one of the contestants were going on about how they really tasted like dessert and could be a replacement. I had my doubts because I didn't know how a smooth liquidy yogurt could replace real cake in either taste or texture, but lucky me, I already had one of these yogurts in the fridge to try, picked up on our last grocery store visit.


Pineapple upside down cake (funny that it's the same month we got the concrete at Shake Shack) yogurt was my breakfast today. I decided to buy this one because I like pineapple yogurt so I figured it would be one of the "safer" ones to try. Despite being completely congested, I tried to sniff the yogurt first and it had that too-sweet smell. The yogurt itself had the consistency of regular yogurt with little pieces of pineapple mixed in.

It was OK. I wouldn't say it was a replacement for cake at all and it was a little too sweet for my liking. I would prefer regular pineapple yogurt. I'm going to give the dessert line one more try as there is a key lime pie one in the fridge now. But so far I'm not really seeing it as a "replacement" for dessert - a healthier alternative, maybe, but not a replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment