Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Vanilla Almond

I'm torn on Luna bars. I love the idea - a nutrition bar made for women - and they are perfect for breakfast, but despite all the different flavor names, I find that the bars largely taste the same. This weekend I picked up 6 of them - 2 at Trader Joe's (where I usually pick them up) and 4 from Stop and Shop (they had a scanner promotion where you could buy 4 and then get $1 off, so it was like getting one free). I'm hoping that since I have more, instead of the usual 1 or 2 at a time, maybe this time I can finally see the differences between them.

Photo source

Webcam pic of the bar

Today's bar was vanilla almond. It had that same sweet but citrus-y flavor that many of the others seem to have. I can taste the differences in other products like Clif bars (I buy the kid ones), but these all seem so similar (a google search tells me that I'm not alone in this). This one had some vanilla "icing" on the bottom and swirled on top, but without the wrapper, I would have never been able to discern vanilla or almond. I don't even know if I could have put a name on the flavor. I guess we'll see what happens with the next bar. I'm leaving for last the one that I expect to like the most - chocolate coconut - and hoping that at least that one will be a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment