Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Andale

Two years ago today, we flew to Maui to begin our wedding week! This was such an exciting time in our lives and I remember it as vividly as if it were only a few months ago. I can't wait to relive it all again.

For the first time on our trips to Maui, our journey took us through San Francisco International Airport. The first trip we took together to Maui was through LAX, where we lunched at Baja Fresh, and the second was through Dallas, where we tried out the BBQ at Cousin's. (As a side note, I do not recommend flying through Dallas on the way to Hawaii. It makes for a very, very long trip.) We were curious what SFO would bring, since the food courts there were supposed to be better.

A went for Chinese food (maybe he'll blog about that), but I chose to stop at Andale, the Mexican option in the food court. By now, it shouldn't be at all surprising that I was in the mood for tacos.


I got the two taco combo, but since the crispy tacos are smaller than the soft tacos, they give you 2 crispy tacos which count as one taco. Nice! In addition to the tacos, the platter came with rice and beans. I also went to the salsa bar and picked up some red and green salsas (can't remember what they were) which were good. I couldn't stop taking pictures of the tacos; they were so photogenic.


It's been so long that I don't remember which taco I liked better, but I remember that both were good. The soft taco came with grilled chicken, onion and cilantro. I love simple Mexican tacos which are just meat, onion and cilantro. So tasty. It also helps that I love onion and cilantro a lot. The crispy tacos came with guajillo chicken, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, cotija cheese and lettuce. I also remember these being delicious, and I love the crunch of crispy tacos. I hope that someday taco night will become a dinner tradition!

After indulging in delicious tacos, it was time to head to Maui!

No comments:

Post a Comment