Thursday, October 27, 2011

Another Cuban Combo

Recognize this sandwich?


Maybe from last January or last July?

I went back to Sophie's Cuban for lunch today and got another sandwich/soup/water combo (now $9.99, price went up since the last time I was there). I was in the mood for more chicken soup (well, more accurately, my throat was in need of some after the coughing that never ends) and Wednesday is a chicken soup day at Sophie's. I had never tried it before so I thought today would be a good day.

The soup wasn't too bad. It was full of potatoes, corn on the cob (a little hard to eat in a soup), noodles, chicken and the usual soup vegetables like celery. The soup had a good flavor to it, but since the sandwich is so tasty and has much stronger flavors, it didn't seem that flavorful when I first started it after the sandwich.


In the beginning, I was adding some of this to the potatoes and chicken in the soup:


Their green hot sauce which I love. Even when the flavor of the soup got stronger near the bottom, I kept adding more because the green sauce is so, so good.

I should probably try something new at Sophie's soon. The ground beef stew looked good today, but I was really in need of soup. It's just so hard to try another dish when the baked chicken sandwich is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment