Friday, December 30, 2011

Cuban Send-Off

The last work lunch of the year felt like such a big decision. After eating at so many good places over the past year, what place should get the distinction of being my last lunch of the year? I was originally planning to walk over to a food truck on the east side but in the end decided to stay closer to the office. I had to choose between taking a long walk at lunch or enjoying the almost 50 degree (!) weather by leaving early to go for a run. As I'm quite out of shape, the run won.


Thinking about the places close to the office, the choice for my last lunch of the year became clear. What better way to close out the year than to go to the same place that I went for my first lunch of the year? With that plan, I headed over to Sophie's Cuban and got another baked chicken sandwich. Sadly, this was my least favorite of the sandwiches I got from Sophie's this year as the mayo was a bit too salty and there was a massive piece of chicken skin on one side of the sandwich. But the green hot sauce was just as good as always.

How did you celebrate your last (work) lunch of 2011? We're currently working on our 10 favorite food memories of 2011 posts and will hopefully get those up by the end of the year. Can't wait to share our memories with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment