Saturday, December 31, 2011

IGK Rice Box

At some point I finally decided to try something other than the noodles at IGK. Every day I kept seeing this "weekly special" for their Jae Yook Bok Eum. It was funny to me since this weekly special was the special since I started coming here. As it was, I had tried their noodles plenty of times, and I felt it would be a good idea to try one of their rice dishes.



Jae Yook Bok Eum

The spicy pork is very tasty and is heavily flavored by gochujang, a traditional Korean spicy/sweet sauce. It's cooked with long-cut scallions, mushrooms, carrots, and is finished off with some sliced scallions, sesame seeds, and a pinch of pickled ginger and pickled radishes. If you don't know what gochujang tastes like I don't know that I can do it justice in words. I would just recommend seeing if you can try some of it at some point to see if you like it. This dish was good enough to me that I got it again right before the holidays. I'd be interested to see if it's still a "weekly" special after the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment