Saturday, December 17, 2011

More Goodbyes

Looks like Carrabba's started a pattern. Since learning about their closing, I also found out about many other places we've been that have closed or are closing. Places close all the time but it's not often that so many of them (in a row) are places I've been to! There's a place in Brooklyn where A got coffee and we got cake for a birthday party that is closing at the end of the year because their lease is going up, my mom mentioned an Italian place (not Carrabba's) in Staten Island closed but it's unclear if it was a management change or actually closed down, and then there were these 2.

I went to Nooi for the first (and only) time during the summer of 2010. They had recently opened and were a make your own pasta combination place. I liked the idea, it could be as healthy as you wanted to make it and it was affordable and tasty. However, it was a bit far from the office so I never made it back. I was hoping they would survive, but read on one of the food blogs (don't remember which one) yesterday that they were closed. They had really cute packaging:


And I liked their "bolo" (bolognese) pasta:


Maybe they'll reopen elsewhere. Until then, goodbye Nooi.

And then there's the place we went to with my parents for Mothers Day/Fathers Day dinner, Matsuri. The restaurant space at the Maritime Hotel apparently got sold and they're closing in March.


We got a bunch of appetizers there and also a large sushi combination. The place was pretty good. Very expensive, but good.


We probably won't go there again before they close, so, goodbye Matsuri.

Let's hope I don't have to do more of these goodbye posts before the end of the year. I still remember saying goodbye to Barros Luco earlier this year and that was really sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment