Monday, December 19, 2011

Park Italian Gourmet

I couldn't decide what to get for lunch on Friday, so I continued to the next spot on the block by block challenge: Park Italian Gourmet. There are a few places between Karam and Park Italian, but they are definitely out of my price range for lunch.

Park Italian Gourmet is an old-style Italian deli. I loved that the guy up front was having a conversation completely in Italian with someone else. It gave the place a character that a lot of places are missing these days.


I went with the intention of getting a sandwich. I knew they had liverwurst, so I was planning to get that, turkey and provolone. Sadly they were out of liverwurst for the day so I went with pastrami.


I got the sandwich on rye bread and they gave a generous portion of meat. I topped it off with mustard, lettuce, tomato, oil and vinegar.


The sandwich was pretty good. Definitely not your regular thin Subway sandwich. I might look into the hot food options next time since those looked good too. Or maybe I'd just go back to try the liverwurst.

No comments:

Post a Comment