Thursday, December 1, 2011

Milk n' Honey

The next stop on my block by block challenge was Milk n' Honey. On the block, you hit that before Karam, but since I went on a Friday and they were already closing for the weekend, I skipped that last time and knew I had to go back. Knowing it was next up, I was, however, having some trouble figuring out what I would get there. Milk n' Honey has a lot of the same things as the other generic midtown delis that I don't frequent very often - breakfast, sandwiches, make your own salad bar, pizza, sushi, etc - except that it's a kosher (dairy) place. Their prices are also higher than most generic midtown delis (I'm guessing this is because they're kosher and that either increases expense or pushes price up because there is less competition).


One thing I did notice is that they had "handrolled bagels" (which seemed to get good reviews) and those were only $1.25 (same price or cheaper than a lot of the generic delis). This morning, I got an early start (and did not eat an appropriately larger breakfast) so it seemed like a good day for a mid-morning snack/second breakfast bagel. I went for a toasted onion bagel (with no cream cheese or toppings, since I know I'm having Italian food for lunch in a few hours).

Handrolled bagel

Look at all those yummy onions!

Thumbs up! My first impression was that the bagel was a nice size and very generously covered with onions on BOTH sides. Usually onion bagels will have less onions on the bottom but this was like having two top halves in one bagel (unless they "messed up" and gave me 2 top halves, which I would not complain about). The bagel was soft and doughy on the inside and the outside was chewy and crispy, all like a good bagel should be. I don't know if I would go back for sandwiches or salads (since they still seem too expensive to me unless I used the groupon or google offer there), but I would definitely go back for a bagel (and maybe next time with cream cheese or fish)!

No comments:

Post a Comment