Friday, December 16, 2011

Parisian Salad Pizza

Crisp is running another coupon special this week and this time it's $5 for a pizza. The pizzas are 9 inch personal pizzas that usually cost $7.95 (for the non-basic pizzas), so this is a good deal!

I haven't tried the pizzas before so I definitely wanted to take advantage of this deal. Crisp has 4 types of pizzas - basil, cheese and tomato; Mexican salad; Greek salad; and Parisian salad. Before I got to Crisp, I planned on getting the Greek salad pizza, but after reading the descriptions again, I decided I was more in the mood for the Parisian, so I went with that.


The Parisian salad pizza, according to the menu description, has greens, roasted peppers, grape tomatoes, goat cheese and red onions. Even though the description didn't mention falafel, I thought, for some reason, that there would be falafel on the pizza, since it's in the other items like the burgers. I'm not really sure how that would work or taste.


I liked the pizza. I didn't have much of an appetite at lunchtime (rare for me), and this pizza felt really light (even if it had a lot of goat cheese on it). The crust wasn't thin or crispy, and it was more like a whole wheat pita. I liked the chewy texture. It looked like the pizza crust was baked with basic pizza ingredients and then topped with the salad ingredients. I really liked how the light, crisp salad worked with the pizza. Those who dislike garlic and onion should beware the Parisian pizza though. There were some sharp red onions and the garlic was still a little raw, so it was very strong. I like that, but I know not everyone does.

A salad piled on top of a pizza isn't the easiest thing to eat with your hands. Often the salad tumbled off the pizza, but I didn't mind since it was like having a side salad at the end. I got the Parisian falafel sandwich once during last year's coupon specials and I remember liking it, but not liking it that much in my ranking of sandwiches (which I never wrote down). I think I actually like the Parisian ingredients better on the pizza. I wonder what a African (my favorite sandwich) salad pizza would taste like.

No comments:

Post a Comment