Monday, December 5, 2011

First Rochari Breakfast

We got an early start on our first full day in Mykonos since we were planning to head out on a day trip to the neighboring island of Delos. We were greeted by a fantastic view from the dining room of the Rochari (our hotel) as we had our complimentary breakfast.

The views from the Rochari are stunning!

M's breakfast:

While there were a lot of options at the Rochari for breakfast, most of them weren't hot or savory options, unlike our breakfast at the Parthenon in Athens.


I ended up choosing a small piece of brown bread (toasted) and scrambled eggs (which were mixed with red peppers). There were a couple of other savory options (ham and other types of eggs) but I'm not a big breakfast eater so the scrambled eggs were the only thing that really interested me from the hot buffet. I also went for our usual Greek yogurt and topped it with a fruit salad made up of green apples, red apples, bananas and strawberries. My favorite part of this breakfast was definitely the yogurt and fruit salad.

A's breakfast:




I got a hearty breakfast with a croissant, some of the aforementioned scrambled eggs, a slice of ham, and an egg over easy. I also got a heaping bowl of yogurt with honey just like every other breakfast I had in Greece. OJ and coffee finished off the meal and got me ready for lots of hiking.

After a big breakfast we were ready for our Delos adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment