Sunday, September 4, 2011

Midnight Mexican

On the third night of the cruise, they switched up the late night snacks and had a midnight Mexican buffet. I was very excited as I figured there would be tacos, and we all know how much I love tacos.

They made special decorations for the buffet that night, like this animal (not sure which one)...


And some Native American ice sculptures...


The food itself was pretty good. Much better than dinner that night. Here's what I got:


There were salmon enchiladas (pretty good), black bean and chicken tostadas (these were really good), crunchy tacos filled with meat, cheese and tomatoes (they made them for you behind the buffet, but they were good), potato sopes (a bit rich, not my favorite) and a whole assortment of salads (including black bean salads, pico de gallo, tomato salsa, mango salsa, etc). There were also a lot of desserts but I didn't really pay any attention to those. I was there for the tacos! A wasn't that hungry and was falling asleep, so he just ate one of the tostadas and that was it.

The Mexican midnight buffet left me quite satisfied. I could go for that every night!

No comments:

Post a Comment