Thursday, September 8, 2011

Green Symphony

I've heard a lot about Green Symphony over the years - how they have a big selection, are vegetarian-friendly and have good food. I have also walked by it often, probably hundreds of times. But today was the first day that I went through the door.

Supposedly they have rice bowls, bibimbop and sandwiches, but all I saw was a soup list, a smoothie board and the hot/cold buffet bar. Maybe it was there and I just didn't see it in my post-physical therapy haze. In any event, I decided to go for the hot/cold bar for a nice sampling of what they had to offer:


There is one buffet bar for hot food and one for cold food. I tried many of the dishes, skipping the ones that had broccoli (many of them did, but I expected that as it's a popular vegetable). Here's what I got:


My favorites were probably the tofu/watercress salad, the tuna (with onions), the red onions (I like onions) and the hot chicken dish.

I got less than a pound of food (I'm a bad judge of weight at by-the-lb buffets) and it was mostly vegetables, so I found myself looking for a snack within a couple of hours. But the choices were good and I would definitely recommend it to vegetarians as there are a lot of tasty non-meat options. I would go back when I'm looking for a good light and healthy meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment