Monday, September 12, 2011

PB&J Custard

So it's up to me to describe the September Sunday Shake Shack (try saying that 10 times fast) flavor. PB&J, classic American lunch. I grew up eating it a lot. I still love peanut butter to this day. I was very excited about this flavor because of that.

PB&J

Sadly, this was a very underwhelming custard. The peanut butter is very understated even though actual peanut butter has such a strong taste. The jelly was okay, but the cold of the custard made it congeal into little jelly gummies almost, and it just didn't mix well. M thought jelly was nearly non-existent and was totally overpowered by the peanut butter. She's right, even with the weak peanut butter flavor. The jelly in their Jelly's Last Donut concrete (from my Top 10 List of 2010) is much better.

A's rating: 5/10
M's rating: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment