Friday, February 20, 2015

Spicy Cajun Chicken Sandwich

Today's review is something that's a little different. Normally I'd write all about my brand new soup that I had from Hale and Hearty, but I wasn't feeling all that well today. I saw that they had what I consider to be the best soup to drink while sick. It used to be called the Yucatan Chicken, Lime, and Orzo, but today it seemed to be called Lemon Chicken with Spinach and Orzo. Regardless, that was exactly what I was looking for with how sick I felt today.

All that said, today's review is about my sandwich. I often just get my favorite, the Balsamic Chicken and Avocado. Somehow I've either never written about it or it's buried in one of my other soup posts. That being said, it's still my favorite sandwich, but the Spicy Cajun Chicken Sandwich gave it a short run for its money. The sandwich is described as "Spicy Cajun Chicken topped with Monterey Jack Cheese, Tomatoes, Baby Arugula and tangy Creole Mayonnaise."


As I noted, this is a really tasty sandwich. The cajun spiced chicken didn't have a ton of flavor, but that could also be because I was stuffed up. I figured that there would be more flavor to it, but it's still good. The arugula and tomato gave the sandwich a really nice fresh and clean feeling. I didn't think the cheese was wholly necessary, but I do love Monterey Jack cheese. The star of the show, to me, was the creole mayonnaise. It was smokey and creamy and had just the right amount of tanginess.

Overall this was a really good sandwich, and one I would get again. The balsamic chicken and avocado still reigns supreme with me, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment