Thursday, December 27, 2012

Yucatan Chicken, Lime, and Orzo

Even though the Chef Series specials are over, that is not stopping me from getting more soup at Hale and Hearty. After all, it's cold outside.

Today I opted for the Yucatan Chicken, Lime, and Orzo since I'm a little under the weather, and this sounded like the perfect soup to try and get myself right. Their site describes it as "[...] a light Mexican chicken soup made with tomatillos, white meat chicken , orzo and a touch of fresh lime."

Yucatan Chicken, Lime, and Orzo

This soup was exactly what I was hoping for and more. The chicken broth was rich and hearty. The orzo added a nice soft texture while also adding body to the soup and making it a little more filling. The chicken was shredded and tender to the bite. There wasn't as much lime as I was expecting, but that's okay. There was enough of a hint to let you know it's there while also adding a freshness to the soup. What got me, though, and was a welcome surprise was the subtle heat that came from what appears to be chopped up jalapeno peppers.

This was a very satisfying soup given the cold temperatures outside and my slightly miserable sick feeling. I would really consider getting this again given the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment