Sunday, December 30, 2012

Tuscan White Bean and Spinach

No rest for the weary! Soup on the weekend for this unofficial taste tester. Hale and Hearty has a set of daily soups that they offer, and the Tuscan White Bean and Spinach is one of them. M is sick so I let her have the Yucatan Chicken, Lime, and Orzo that I so loved before.

Tuscan White Bean and Spinach

My initial impression was that this soup was really thick. The white beans make this a really hearty soup that sticks to your bones. Overall, though, I found it to be under-seasoned. The spinach, carrots, and onions are all simmered down to melt-in-your-mouth status, but none of them have any discernable flavor which is a bit sad. Here and there I got hints of oregano, but other than that there wasn't that much else.

This is a soup that, when it's cold and you're hungry, fits perfectly for warming and filling you up. Compared to a lot of the other offerings I've had from them, though, it falls a little short in the flavor department.

No comments:

Post a Comment