Saturday, December 22, 2012

Honey Ricotta Chestnut

It's been a crazy busy month, so busy that we didn't get our first Shake Shack custard until this past Tuesday, more than halfway through the month!  (That was also partially due to our Las Vegas mini-break earlier in the month, which we haven't even mentioned here, much less written about.)  The first custard we tried was honey ricotta chestnut.  Wish we could say it was worth the wait!


M's thoughts:
My first thought was wood (can't explain why), followed by Werther's Original, followed by honey cough drops.  It didn't have a lot of flavor and you could still taste the vanilla.  I didn't have any expectations for this flavor, but it definitely didn't wow me.

A's thoughts:
When I first tried this flavor, and also much of the time while eating it, the only thing I could think of was "vanilla". It really had no discernible flavor outside of the plain vanilla it was spun into. Only as it started to melt did I get minor minor hints of honey and chestnut, but I certainly got no ricotta. Perhaps we got a bad batch, but this really was nothing special at all.

Honey Ricotta Chestnut
A's rating: 3/10
M's rating: 4.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment