Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Dark Chocolate Crisps

Making good on our promise to work on old chocolate drafts...

I had been reading online last fall about Trader Joe's products (as I often do) and people kept talking about these dark chocolate crisps. I don't know how I got it in my head that they must be like Krackel in a skinnier crunchier chip-like form. Nothing about "thin curved waves of Belgian chocolate with crunchy bits" really says Krackel, but I guess I saw "crisp" and my brain (in wishful thinking mode) jumped to crisp rice. Since we love Krackel and for the longest time you couldn't buy Krackel on its own, I figured we could try these out.


The crisps are shaped like Pringles and after pulling them out I still thought they were going to be like crisp rice chips covered in chocolate. Only after I ate one did I realize that they weren't. They were basically just pieces of dark chocolate. They were slightly crispy, but the dominant feature was the chocolate, not the crispiness. That was disappointing to me, as I was hoping for more of the crispy part. A wasn't any more impressed than I was. He thought they would be like crunchy chocolate-covered potato chips based on their shape, but they weren't. They were just chocolate.


Buy Again? Not likely. They weren't bad, but we just don't like them enough to get them again. We've been working on the same box of crisps for months now, so I can't imagine we'll need another one anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment