Wednesday, February 11, 2015

It's All GRK To Me

I had some extra time for lunch one day as the office I'm sitting in was being used as a conference room so I decided to walk a little further for lunch today. M and I had walked past GRK Fresh Greek during our walk around the area exploring my food options before, but I never thought I had enough time to walk all the way up to GRK.

I opted for the Lamb/Beef plate with their namesake tzatziki and their seasoned fries. I considered being healthy and getting brown rice but then thought better of it. As you can see from the picture, they pile on slices of meat off the spit with a griddled pita, the side you chose, the tzatziki type you chose, and a small salad made of romaine, tomatoes, and olives.


The meat was a touch on the dry side, but the overall spices and flavors were very tasty. I think if you come earlier in the day the meat will probably be juicier. I ended up going later in the day so the meat had more time to dry out on the rotating spit. The salad was okay. It was fresh, and the olives added a little saltiness to the mix. I didn't taste any dressing on the salad so it was a welcome bit of flavor. The fries were good as they had a bit of seasoning on them. In the end, I probably should have gotten the brown rice, but whatever. The pita was pretty standard for pita I've gotten in the past. The real star of this plate was the tzatziki. Most tzatziki I've had in the past has been similar in consistency to sour cream. The tzatziki from GRK was thick. You could really tell that it was made from real Greek yogurt. It was also full of garlic and cucumber pieces, not just shredded cucumber. It was rich, worked great with the meat and the fries, and was delicious.

Overall I was very happy with my trip to GRK. Aside from the slightly dry meat everything was great. The flavors were fantastic, and most of the items were very fresh. With the fries it ended up being a pretty large portion of food so if I do get a chance to go back I'll most likely try something lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment