Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Famous Chicken Place

One of the places I was interested in trying after M and I scoped out my new work area was The Famous Chicken Place. Since we had lost both Farmer's Rotisseria a la Brasa and Peter's Since 1969 in our neighborhood, I basically have a constant craving for rotisserie/grilled chicken. So on a really cold winter's day I made the not-short-enough walk for some chicken.


The restaurant itself isn't a huge place, but it has a large grill section in the front where they prepare the chicken and ribs, and the back has a few tables and side counter with some stools for people to eat. I decided to get the half chicken meal which was half of their grilled/flame broiled chicken and a pita. The dish also came with a small side of their house made salsa.


The chicken was really juicy and tasty. The skin itself didn't have a lot of flavor because it's not a rotisserie, but it had a nice, charred/grilled flavor, and it was really crisp which I like. The pita was a standard pita that was warmed on the grill as well. The salsa is tomato based and is really just like a normal salsa. It has a nice flavor, but it's nothing special.

Overall this really satisfies my craving for chicken. This restaurant reminds of me Golden Chicken and Ribs, a place that used to be right by our apartment. One day I might try a chicken and rib combo, but those are really expensive. For now I'll content myself to eating their chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment