Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Short Rib and Brisket Sandwich

On my first day at work, I didn't want to go too far for lunch. I was new at the office, they had me come in late, and I wanted to be around in case they needed me for anything. Because of that, I decided not to walk too far. The closest thing to my office is Mayhem and Stout. This is an artisan sandwich shop that started as a stand down in Brooklyn's Dekalb Market before it closed down. The owners of Mayhem and Stout were able to parlay the experience and buzz there into a brick and mortar store.


For my first lunch ever at my new job, I went with one of their signature sandwiches that sounded like it would be everything I would ever want. It was a short rib & brisket sandwich with horseradish creme and onion confit. The meat was braised really nicely and flavored well. It was salty without being overpoweringly salty, and it was still wonderfully rich. There wasn't that much horseradish creme on the sandwich, but when I did get some I got a really nice spice hit. The onion confit added some subtle sweetness and also a vegetable to the ensemble.

Overall it was a very tasty sandwich, and I would love to try more of them. They're a touch on the expensive side, but they use high quality ingredients, and I'm willing to pay for premium items.

1 comment: