Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February 2012 Custard Calendar

The February custard calendar went up last night with some interesting flavors. The most exciting part for me was that I was able to read through the list without my stomach turning in circles, which is a great improvement from the previous days where I was suffering from the worst food poisoning I've ever had (not fun). None of that was Shake Shack's fault, and I feel a little bad that I'm sullying their custard post with talk of illness, but there's my explanation for not posting. I couldn't think about food, much less look at photos of it.


On to the custard breakdown:

Flavors we've never had before:
Lemon poppy seed creme fraiche (Monday) - hope this is like lemon poppy seed cake and light & airy
Chocolate passion fruit (Tuesday) - this just doesn't sound good to us (but hey, neither did cinnamon cream cheese last month at first) but we could be convinced...

Flavors that are variations on other things we've had:
Pineapple brown sugar (Wednesday) - reminds us of the Pineapple Upper East Side Cake concrete
Coconut caramel pecan (Thursday) - we've had coconut caramel before (even if we didn't blog about it), but this one adds pecan

Flavors we've had before:
Chocolate chip cookie (Friday) - seems like we liked this one and maybe we'll check it out again
PB&J (Saturday) - we didn't like it last time; has it improved?
Coffee and donuts (Sunday) - A liked this because it was like a coffee drink but I don't like coffee so I wasn't a fan

Funny how the list broke down perfectly in day order!

What flavor most intrigues you?

No comments:

Post a Comment