Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pineapple Brown Sugar

The Wednesday flavor for February is pineapple brown sugar. As we mentioned in our monthly preview, this reminded us of the concrete available at the Upper East Side location which was modeled after the pineapple upside down cake. However, unlike that concrete, this wasn't vanilla with pineapples mixed in, but actual pineapple custard.


M's rating:
This custard was fine. It tasted like sweet pineapples, but I guess I had expected it to be more like caramelized pineapple (and it wasn't that sweet). I don't have a strong opinion on it though as it wasn't that exciting. And I like pineapples!

A's rating:
This was fairly basic. It did taste like pineapples, but I didn't get much of a brown sugar hint. I think had they just called it pineapple I would have rated it better. In the end this just sort of was...

Pineapple Brown Sugar
A's rating: 6/10
M's rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment