Friday, February 24, 2012

Earl of Sugar Cookies

Yesterday I found myself at Earl of Sandwich for lunch. I was really hungry and the cookies on the counter looked so tempting... so I picked up a sugar cookie. I have already shared my love for Potbelly sugar cookies so I wanted to see how the Earl version would stack up. I also was able to start snacking on the cookie while waiting for my sandwich, so that was nice.

It was good but it doesn't replace Potbelly's version as my current favorite. It's a little thicker, a little more buttery, and a lot oilier/greasier. Also, one of the things I love about the Potbelly version is the sugar itself. There's so much crunchy sugar on the top of the soft cookie and it's perfection. The Earl version mixed the sugar into the cookie a little more so it wasn't as crunchy, and I think there wasn't as much sugar. I wouldn't turn down this sugar cookie in the future, but, considering how unhealthy they really are, I think for now I should limit myself to the Potbelly one...

No comments:

Post a Comment