Thursday, February 9, 2012

Smoked Turkey Caesar Wrap

The February monthly sandwich special at Hale and Hearty is the smoked turkey caesar wrap. The wrap consists of crisp romaine, smoked turkey, homemade croutons, parmesan cheese and garlic parmesan dressing in a flour tortilla. I debated whether to get this - I wanted to try the monthly special but the wrap also looked a little empty compared to the ciabatta sandwiches I usually like. In the end, I decided to go for it.


The good: The wrap definitely tasted like a caesar salad. The croutons were good, had a nice flavor and crunch. The parmesan cheese and garlic parmesan dressing also added a good cheesy flavor. There were turkey cubes (not visible in the photo) and it wasn't completely empty. It reminded me of the ABP chicken caesar wrap that I ate all through college but that was more full (or maybe that's because I used to go near closing time).

The just okay: There wasn't a lot of filling to the wrap. All the ingredients were present but the wraps from Hale and Hearty are always a little on the thinner side. The calories probably come from the tortilla itself more than the inside stuff.

The wrap wasn't bad, and if you like caesar wraps, it's worth a try. I probably won't get this again this month though; I still prefer my ciabatta sandwiches with mozzarella.

Photo of wrap sandwich with Gullfoss (Golden Falls) in Iceland in the background. Wish we were in Iceland having hot dogs instead of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment