Monday, February 27, 2012

Coconut Caramel Pecan

The Thursday flavor for February is coconut caramel pecan. We have had coconut caramel before but haven't blogged about it so we can't remember if we liked it. To settle the matter, we decided to try coconut caramel pecan.

Forgot to take a photo of the menu board to make a collage. Oops. The closer photo of the custard is unattractive because it melted and was dripping everywhere.

M's thoughts:
The first spoonful of custard reminded me of the inside of a Mounds bar (and I love Mounds bars). It was so full of sweet coconut flavor. I usually find that after the first spoonfuls the flavor becomes more muted as you get used to it and this one was no different. The custard generally did taste like coconut caramel and there were pecans mixed in (although I don't know how necessary they were). It was OK but I prefer the sweet coconut of last year's snowball flavor.

A's thoughts:
I didn't get much coconut flavor, and for most of the time eating this custard I forgot that it was coconut anything. I got a lot of caramel flavor, and there were plenty of pecans mixed in as well. Overall I liked the caramel and pecan, but I was still missing that coconut flavor. I really just didn't get any.

Coconut Caramel Pecan
A's rating: 6/10
M's rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment