Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Chipotle Cowboy

I haven't been back to Just Salad in awhile (previous posts here and here), mostly because I couldn't find my loyalty card after taking it out of my wallet for a vacation.  The savings are only 5% of the total (or 10% if after 2 pm), so it's not really that much, but psychologically I would know I wasn't getting the discount and I needed an incentive to find my card.  I found it this weekend and immediately went back. I really needed to eat something healthy.
 
I decided to try one of the combination salads that I haven't had before, the Chipotle Cowboy.  The Chipotle Cowboy salad contains romaine-iceberg mix (I substituted just romaine), grilled chicken, pepper jack cheese, black beans, cilantro, crunchy onions (which I thought meant raw yellow onions but were actually fried onion pieces), and avocado.  I topped it off with sherry-shallot vinaigrette (instead of the recommended chipotle vinaigrette). 
 
It was a nice mix of ingredients.  I think next time I might substitute something for the crunchy onions since they're breaded - maybe red onions or something else.  But I would definitely get this combination again.  A salad under $10 with chicken, cheese and avocado (all premium (pay) ingredients at Just Salad) isn't a bad deal at all.  And their salads are just as tasty as always.  Maybe now that I have my card I can add salads back into my routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment