Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chocolate Passion Fruit

On Valentines Day, Shake Shack offered a gift of free custard - a small cup of vanilla, chocolate, or the flavor of the day which for Tuesday was chocolate passion fruit. We, of course, went for chocolate passion fruit. This was the flavor of the month that we were most unsure about, so getting it for free was a good incentive to try it.


M's thoughts:
I am still not sure how I feel about this flavor. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't amazing. You could taste the chocolate and you could taste the fruit (which I guess tasted like passion fruit but sometimes also tasted like strawberries to me). It was therefore more balanced than some of the other chocolate mixes they've done. But I just couldn't decide if I liked it or even wanted another spoonful. I'm also not sure why I felt that way. I just don't know if I liked it or not, but since it's not horrible, my rating reflects that.

A's thoughts:
This was a bit confusing as a flavor except that it was pretty much exactly as advertised. It tasted like chocolate, and it tasted like passion fruit. I didn't think the flavor pairing would work when I first heard it, and in the end I think I was right. It didn't taste bad, but it wasn't that great. The tartness of the passion fruit didn't seem to match well with the chocolate in my opinion. I love the flavors separately, but together I didn't think it worked.

Chocolate Passion Fruit
A's rating: 5/10
M's rating: 5.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment