Wednesday, February 15, 2012

AmeriCone Dream

Today, to celebrate the fifth anniversary of Stephen Colbert's ice cream flavor at Ben & Jerry's, they were giving out free scoops of his flavor, AmeriCone Dream. We've sadly missed free scoop day for the past few years, but we heard that the Ben & Jerry's in Rockefeller Center (the only one nearby) was participating in this promotion so we decided to head over after work.


The AmeriCone Dream flavor consists of vanilla ice cream with fudge-covered waffle cone pieces and a caramel swirl.


M's thoughts:
I loved this flavor and wanted more! The fudge-covered waffle pieces were like chocolate crispies, which I love mixed in with ice cream. Although I haven't tried Jimmy Fallon's Late Night Snack (vanilla with salty caramel and fudge-covered potato chip clusters), I think in their "feud" I would pick AmeriCone Dream since I like waffle pieces better than potato chips. This ice cream flavor was really, really good. I would definitely get this again.

A's thoughts:
This was really good ice cream. The waffle fudge-covered waffle pieces offered a nice little chocolate-y crunch, and the caramel swirl gave the ice cream an additional creamy sweetness (as if ice cream needs more, but it worked). It's interesting that with everyone having waffle cones to hold ice cream that no one ever thought to put waffle cones in ice cream before. Such a simple idea, but it works so well. Given the opportunity I would seriously consider buying a full pint (and probably eat it all in one sitting...).

No comments:

Post a Comment