Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Lemon Poppy Seed Creme Fraiche

Our last February custard was the one that most intrigued us - lemon poppy seed creme fraiche. The custard was a light yellow color (like lemon) with poppy seeds mixed in.


M's thoughts:
Back in the monthly preview, I mentioned that I hoped this custard would be light and airy like lemon poppy seed cake. Although it did have a light hint of lemon, it was not light and airy as a custard. I can't fault Shake Shack for making a custard that lives up to its name though. It was rich and creamy - but the creme fraiche part of this was very strong and I didn't love the creaminess. I can understand why some people would like this but it's just not my thing. A little too rich and creamy.

A's thoughts:
This custard was heavy. It had nice citrus undertones to it, and it had some nice texture from the poppy seeds, but the overriding flavor was creamy creme fraiche. It wasn't overly sweet, but it was just so rich and so creamy. I liked this more than M, but I didn't like it enough to consider going back to get it again.

Lemon Poppy Seed Creme Fraiche
A's rating: 4/10
M's rating: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment