Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cinnamon Cream Cheese

The Shack Shack custard flavor that most intrigued us this month was cinnamon cream cheese. Since it's the Monday custard, we had two more options to try it. M went to pick it up today just in case we loved it and wanted more next week. We weren't sure what it would be like.


While picking up the custard, M was chatting with one of the Shake Shack-ers about the flavor and what toppings might match it. It was a nice surprise when they gave us some cookie dough to try with the custard!


M's thoughts:
The custard definitely tasted like cinnamon and sometimes I got some of the cream cheese undertone. I liked the chocolate cookie dough, but those bites tasted more like chocolate fudge with some custard on it. Generally I thought this custard was OK. Not my favorite, but I know chocolate hazelnut is right around the corner if I'm in a custard mood (tomorrow!).

A's thoughts:
This custard was pretty good. You could definitely taste the cinnamon and cheesecake flavors. The cookie dough didn't really pair well with the custard, and I think it actually overpowered the custard entirely. On its own the cookie dough is always just fine, but it really didn't fit here. Looks like the Shake Shack employee will need to think of something else. In the end, I enjoyed the custard, and it served to remind me of my questioning of why they didn't add any sort of cream cheese frosting flavor to the red velvet.

Cinnamon Cream Cheese
A's rating: 7/10
M's rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment