Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Crave Crispy Chicken

Crave Sandwiches, in a space formerly occupied by a map store, opened last week. Today was another "I have no idea what I want for lunch and don't have the energy to think about it" day (not liking this pattern of feeling uninspired) and I decided to head over to one of the street carts we like since I had no other ideas. On my way there, I saw that Crave had opened and decided to try that out instead.


The interior of Crave is very clean and minimal. They have breakfast, sandwiches, salads, and Intelligentsia coffee. I liked that the sandwich making line was completely visible from the waiting area and that all the ingredients were out in the open.


I decided on the crispy chicken sandwich. They were out of wheat so I went with white bread. The breads (all of which are baked fresh every day) are all different sizes and I'm not sure how that affects how much of the other ingredients are put into each sandwich.


The crispy chicken sandwich contains natural chicken, fresh mozzarella, roasted peppers (red and orange), onions, tomatoes and balsamic. I liked the light seasoned breading on the chicken and that the chicken was pounded into thin slices, how they used a thick slice of mozzarella and not a deli slice, and the freshness of the vegetables. From their promotional materials, they use all natural products from artisan companies, so it looks like quality ingredients are their focus. I was expecting the same old sandwich but it was actually pretty good.


The sandwich cost $7.50 (it's a little more if you get it on a hero) and was a very reasonable size. I would go back and get this again (or try the turkey sandwich) at some point. There are a lot of boring mediocre sandwiches offered in this area (and I eat enough of them due to my catered lunches at work) so a good sandwich is always a good find.

No comments:

Post a Comment