Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Turco

A new restaurant popped up on 9th avenue recently called Turco. It opened up in the old Golden Chicken and Ribs spot that closed about a month or so ago. Turco is a Turkish/Mediterranean grill specializing in falafel, shawarma, and kebabs. I opted for the falafel plate, but I think the guy preparing it didn't care/understand.

Plates, according to their menu, come with rice, salad, and whatever topping you choose. I first had a sandwich made, and when I asked, the cashier guy questioned and the response was something like, "sandwich, plate, yeah." So they made me another. This time it came in a plastic container, but it had no rice. Oh well, I'll deal.

Falafel Plate

The plate came with 4 falafel balls, pita, lettuce, onions, red cabbage, tomatoes, pickles, and hummus. The hummus was better than most of the hummus that I had eaten before, and the falafel was tasty, but it could have stood to have fried a little longer. It wasn't as crispy as I normally prefer, but again, the flavor was excellent. My guess is that they rushed the order out since I was waiting so long and they felt bad that they messed up the first time. Overall the flavors were good. I would definitely go back, and I'm intrigued by the shawarmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment